Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Welcoming another chapter in our lives

Woah! Time flies when you're having fun, huh? That's exactly what happened in 2010 for me. It's an amazing, amazing year. Personally, I feel like I've become a better person compared to who I was before, also, I've met different people and there are a few people whom I've met that I will forever hold close to my heart. These two people taught me how to open myself up and let me know that it's okay to let people inside my heart. I've learnt to trust, even if not fully, at least I have learnt to trust and I'm just going to take it one step at a time. Baby steps!
Besides that, I've grown and learnt a lot of things that only time can teach me. I guess in a way, time makes you a better and wiser person but only if you choose to be. Know? It's like the saying, God can't help you if you won't help yourself. For some of you, 2010 may not have been a good year but keep in mind that every experience makes you a wiser person if you learn from it. Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, hey? In 2010, I hit rock bottom and pushed myself back to the top. I promised myself that I will not rest until I've reached success. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much content with everything that I possess right now but the way I see it.. There's nothing wrong with being thankful with what you have but striving for more than what I can have.
As for family, I've grew closer to each and everyone of them, seeing their flaws and loving them more despite their flaws. I guess that's why we love them, the fact that they can push our buttons yet, we still love them with all our hearts. My family is whacky, tacky and corny but you know what, they're my family and I love them to bits and pieces. Everything in this world comes and goes but no matter what happens, family will always be there.
To me, the end of every year is just an end to a chapter in my life and the beginning to a new one. Although 2010 has been such a great year for me, I have a feeling that 2011 will be double the awesome-ness, double the terrificalty, and double the delightfulness! In 2011 I will be sitting for SPM, and in 2011 my brother will embark on an amazing journey to Switzerland to start a new life and I wish him all the best. I know and hope that he will come back a new person, a better one. So to everyone, I would just like to wish you in advance, a Happy Happy New Year, may 2011 be an awesome year for all of us. Let us welcome 2011 with open arms and embrace this thing we call life.
Live everyday like it's your last because when you do, embarassment, shame and everything else will just fall to the floor. There is nothing else that you can fear because the thought of death in your mind defeats all.
Cheers!
Oh and by the end of 2011, be sure to keep your eyes open because there's going to be an upcoming star who goes by the name AMALINA THAQIFAH LAVOCAH ;)

Alright, til then, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment